Installation of Avatar Mod 2 is quick and straightforward. You follow the standard procedure of installing a Forge mod.
Minecraft Forge is a framework for mods that most mods today use. If you have already installed it, skip the next section.
Install Minecraft Forge Edit
- Go to files.minecraftforge.net. Under Download Recommended, download the installer or windows installer (depending on your OS).
- When the installer has downloaded, just run it. Click through the various dialogs and Minecraft Forge will be installed.
If Minecraft forge says "You must run version xxx manually at least once", start that version of vanilla Minecraft, exit, and try the installer again.
- Create Minecraft Forge profile. A profile is a certain configuration to run Minecraft in, which specifies the version, user, etc. Open your Minecraft launcher. Click on Launch options, then Add new. For name, type in "Minecraft Forge". For the version, scroll down until you find a forge release. This is in the format of (MinecraftVersion)-Forge(ForgeVersion). Then click save.
- To start Minecraft, click on News, then next to the Play button, click the arrow and click on the Minecraft Forge option.
Install Avatar Mod 2 Edit
(For veteran Minecraft Forge users, keep in mind the procedure is no different than installing another Forge mod)
- Download the latest version of the mod from av2.io.
- Open your .minecraft folder. This can be done in the following ways:
On Windows, press Windows Key + R, and type in %appdata%/.minecraft - Note the period before "minecraft"
On MacOS, look in (Home directory)/Library/Application Support/Minecraft
On Linux, open ~/.minecraft
- If there isn't a folder called mods, create it. Then enter the mods folder.
- Place the downloaded AV2 jar file into this mods folder.
- Start playing! AvatarMod will now be installed. Make sure you have selected the "Minecraft Forge" launch option. HAVE FUN